Good afternoon! It is Wednesday and the sun is shining brightly here in the north. How good it is to have blue skies again! Although it is still a bit chilly outside, the sunshine never ceases to continually warm my heart and put a smile on my face. So here’s to another beautiful day of blue skies and butterflies!
Well, friends, today is Whatever Wednesday here on This Darling Adventure, which means that we get to chat about… (that’s right, you guessed it)… WHATEVER! So, today I thought it would be fun to talk about one of my favorite things in the world: coffee. Now, this is something very near and dear to my heart. Sure, I have gone for seasons without drinking coffee and all was well in the universe, but over the years I have really come to cherish its wonderful aroma and beautiful flavor. There is truly nothing better than enjoying a good cup of coffee in the morning while cuddled up in a comfy chair watching the sun rise.
Before you get upset with me because you only drink tea, don’t get me wrong. I do drink tea as well. I drink tea almost everyday… sometimes multiple times a day! That being said, though, there is just something about coffee that makes my world go ’round.
So, on that note, I would like to share with you 7 fun facts* about the benefits of drinking coffee:
- Coffee drinkers tend to be more energetic, more ready for physically activity and have a higher metabolic rate.
- Drinking between 1 and 5 cups of coffee a day may help to reduce the risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and Parkinson’s disease. The antioxidants found in coffee may prevent some damage to brain cells and boost the effects of neurotransmitters involved in cognitive function.
- Coffee consumption is also linked with a lowered risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The antioxidants found in coffee also are known to boost cells’ sensitivity to insulin (especially decaf).
- Those who drink 1 to 3 cups of coffee a day have lower rates of stroke than non-coffee-drinkers. Yet again, the antioxidants found in coffee may help quell inflammation’s damaging effects on arteries. However, 5 cups of coffee or more a day is not better. Excess caffeine may sabotage the antioxidants’ positive effects on the body.
- Coffee also acts as an anti-depressant, making those who drink it feel happier. Those who drink 4 or more cups of coffee a day are 53% less likely to commit suicide.
- Drinking coffee is also known to lower the chances of cirrhosis and other liver diseases. Studies show that every 2-cup increase in daily coffee intake can be associated with a 43% lower risk of liver cancer.
- Lastly, a good cup of coffee is just good for the soul.
I hope that you have enjoyed these fun facts about coffee and perhaps learned something new! Needless to say, coffee on, my dear friends!
Which do you prefer and why: coffee or tea? Please feel at home to comment below! Have a beautiful day! 🙂