I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Hello friends and welcome to another Whatever Wednesday here on This Darling Adventure. As always, it is so good for you to be here today!
Well, if you haven’t guessed it by now, today we are going to talk about one of the “coolest” dessert in the world…. ICE CREAM! Why? Because I just ate some scrumptious Ben & Jerry’s ice cream and I wanted to share this yummy joy in my heart (and stomach) with you!
That being said, please enjoy these quick fun facts about the savory, icy goodness we all have come to love!
- Ancient Greeks in the 5th century enjoyed a frozen dessert similar to our modern-day ice cream
- Next to cookies, ice cream stands as the best selling dessert in America (87% of Americans claim to have ice cream in their freezer at any given time)
- It takes about 50 licks to finish a single scoop ice cream cone
- New Zealand consumes more ice cream each than any other country in the world (per capita)
- The world’s tallest ice cream cone was over 9 ft tall (scooped in Italy)
- Chocolate syrup is the world’s most popular ice cream topping
- A cow gives enough milk to make 2 gallons of ice cream a day or 730 gallons a year
- The perfect scooping temperature for ice cream is between 6 and 10 degrees fahrenheit
- In the 1300s Marco Polo brought an early form of ice cream to Europe
- “Brain freezes” occur when ice cream touches the roof of your mouth
Well, I hope you enjoyed those fun facts as much as I did. If you would like to learn more about ice cream, there is actually an entire website devoted entirely to it: icecream.com! (Super cool, hey?) So check it out and perhaps check out your freezer while you are at it. More than anything, though, have a beautiful evening!
What is your favorite flavor of ice cream? Please feel at home to comment below! 🙂