Aloha Friday everyone! Yes, it is that time of the week again and I hope you are looking forward to an awesome weekend ahead of you full of joyful adventure and whimsy!
Well, today we are going to do something a little different. Earlier this afternoon I received a comment stating that I had been nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! It was completely unexpected, but I’d like to say a huge shout out and thanks to Girl Is Art for thinking of me. It definitely made my heart smile a lottle. (If you haven’t done so already, be sure to check out her blog as it is full of all sorts of goodies!) That being said, buckle up because here we go!
If you want to be involved in the Blogger Recognition Award these are some simple rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How it all began:
When I think back to how This Darling Adventure began, I cannot help but laugh. It started with me scrolling through Instagram looking at awesome pictures of people doing awesome things in awesome places. I am not going to lie… I was a bit envious. How on earth do people get to go on all these awesome adventures? Why can’t I do that? But then I stopped and realized this life I get to live each and every day is an adventure and it is absolutely beautiful. I wanted to be able to share these experiences with others in a way that encouraged and empowered them to live out their own amazing adventures (and somehow, in the midst of all that, tie in creativity, art, photography and story-telling, and food for thought). Thus, This Darling Adventure was born!
Trinkets of Advice:
- Finding Inspiration. For writers, it seems as though there is nothing worse than those dreaded seasons of “writer’s block.” You try to write, but nothing comes. You stare at the blank page for minutes, hours, days, weeks, even months and yet you cannot seem to find your inspiration. I’ve been there myself and it stinks, but I’ve found that one of the biggest cures for writer’s block is to keep writing. Just write! And if you can’t, write about the fact that you can’t write! Just let it all out. By doing so, you open the door for inspiration to trickle in little by little. The fog of writer’s block will lift eventually and you will find you are in fact standing by a sea of inspiration just waiting for you to dive back into writing again.
- Be you. Yes, it sounds super cheesy, but it is quintessential that you are you. You are a beautiful soul inside and out and no one else can be you, but you. Do not deprive the world of you, by trying to be someone else. You are you and that is absolutely amazing.